a collection of recipes from the green cottage design studio

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

Seriously, nothing says autumn more to me than PUMPKIN.  Pumpkin everything.  Pumpkin Spice Lattes at Starbucks. Pumpkin Bread. Pumpkin Pie Dip with Gingersnaps.  Pumpkin Pie. and how about some Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins?  Well, yes, don't mind if I do...


Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar*
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1 cup pumpkin
1/2 cup butter, softened

1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. Combine dry ingredients (for this recipe, we're going to include the sugar in the "dry" category) and set aside.  Lightly beat the eggs in a large bowl and add butter; mix until blended.  Slowly add the dry ingredients, mixing well between each addition.  Stir in chocolate chunks.  Line about 16 muffin tins with liners and spoon batter into muffin tins.  Bake for about 20 minutes (my oven bakes hot, though, so you may need a couple more minutes).

*as usual, I cut back on the sugar for this recipe.  I kinda got sidetracked and didn't cut as much as I intended, but I know I did not get a full measuring cupful in... maybe a little more than 3/4 cup?  These were definitely sweet enough, though, and could probably stand to be cut a tiny bit more if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails