a collection of recipes from the green cottage design studio

Monday, December 13, 2010

Special K / Wheaties Clusters

I first had these during a music camp at church (think VBS except we learned a musical in one week to perform on Friday night).  I remember the ladies working hard in the kitchen making us snacks while we rehearsed.  Thank you Kristy! :)  They are so yummy and just enough different to be something "new" for a lot people. The recipe I have is actually named "Special K Clusters" and indicates that Wheaties is an alternative for the cereal. For some reason, I've always made them with Wheaties, so I adjusted the name when I wrote the title.

Ingredients:
1 cup white Karo syrup
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup peanut butter
5 cups Special K or Wheaties flakes

Directions:
Bring Karo syrup and sugar to a rolling boil.
Remove from heat and add vanilla, peanut butter, and cereal; mix well.
Working quickly, drop by spoonfuls on wax paper.
Once the clusters set up, transfer to an airtight container for storage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails